Posts Tagged ‘bugs’

RhythmCoreAlpha.com now ACTUALLY working properly! Thanks Chris Cooke!

Saturday, November 29th, 2014

There were still some snafu’s with this server last night after I sent Les off to sleep, probably due to some changes I had made to the Apache config.  By that time, our old friend and Minecraft server admin Chris Cooke (Chrooke) was awake. I felt really bad for dumping the whole thing on him, but I’m still sick and needed sleep.

Like magical elves in the… day time (?) Chris toiled and got things into shape. New security software was installed. Better logging was enabled. I don’t even know what happened… I was sleeping!

So we are back up, for real this time, and a good thing too!

Unfortunately, having stayed up all night did nothing to help me get over this cold, and so I am afraid I am going to have to cancel our scheduled appearance at Loscon again today.  My apologies to everybody who expected to find us there… I was really looking forward to it.

Hopefully, my condition will have improved by next weekend for our appearance at San Diego STEAM Maker Fest…

RhythmCoreAlpha.com now working properly again! Thanks Les Barrows!

Saturday, November 29th, 2014

We just spent many grueling hours banging on out website http://www.RhythmCoreAlpha.com with La Vie En Photos own Les Barrows, trying to determine why it was constantly overloaded and broken. Were we being DDOS’d by Chinese and Russian hackers? Had we been hacked in some terrible way?
Well, those things do happen every day, but they usually don’t cause a problem. No, it was something with URL lookups on Google’s free DNS server taking too long and being done for every single access to our site for some reason. That seemed strange, so we turned it off and things got faster. It took us 5 hours to figure it out though!
So, sorry if the site has been up and down, and if anybody got booted, we didn’t mean it personally! (Except for THAT guy….)
Things should work now!
Now I can go sleep… maybe I could feel well enough to go present at Loscon tomorrow?

Bugs, bugs, bugs…

Friday, May 17th, 2013

Today was intended to be putting the final touches on the Rhythm Core Alpha 2 demo video. Unfortunately, we found a bug that really did need to be fixed. So today was spent debugging and testing, and a new Lotcheck submission was sent. Lotcheck will probably be processed by Monday, which means that we won’t have results until 2 weeks from Monday. C’est la vie.

Failed Lotcheck Again

Wednesday, May 1st, 2013

We failed lotcheck again for some terminology errors in the manual. I wonder why they didn’t complain about them last time? We fixed the terminology errors quickly.

There was also one little thing in pattern recording I wanted to look at. Not a bug, but it seemed odd to me…

Ok, I fixed that up. We could resubmit today, but I think we are going to take a couple of days to check all of the terminology so that we don’t get bounced for this again.

Rhythm Core Alpha 2 has been re-sent to Nintendo Lotcheck…

Thursday, March 14th, 2013

I had to resend the submission package because Nintendo had changed their PGP key and I had used the old one, and because even though E rating says “All Ages” somehow if I click “All Ages” on Nintendo’s form it is wrong even though the form says “E” is 6 and up. Whatever.
So I took the opportunity to clean up a few things in the manuals, and to fix a very small display bug. The callout letters are now properly anti-aliased, and the product code was inserted in the proper place in all the manuals (I forgot about that one!). There was a small chance of the screen being dimmed during a file save that I have now corrected.
Since they didn’t get a chance to evaluate anything, I got to resubmit version 0.0 and so did not have to go to the back of the line again.
Meanwhile, work on the German manuals continues. Page 4 (The Block Screen) tends to go on forever, since that is where most of the action is, but it will be much quicker after that.

Rhythm Core Alpha 2 has been sent to Nintendo LotCheck!

Wednesday, March 13th, 2013

I just sent the first version of “Rhythm Core Alpha 2″ (for the Americas) off to Nintendo for Lotcheck testing! This is the last stage before it finally gets released. How long this takes depends how bug-free the software is, and whether Nintendo has any issues with the translations.

Fixing Bugs

Wednesday, February 13th, 2013

Fixing bugs in Rhythm Core Alpha 2… I’m amazed at how many there are left! Perils of having a very small number of people testing, I suppose.

Should the manual have a confirm dialog? I think so!

Tuesday, October 9th, 2012

Working through bugs in Rhythm Core Alpha 2… I just got the manual working again. Hmmm, I should probably put a confirm dialog in so you don’t accidentally hit it in the middle of a show and stop your set…

Continued Development on RCa2

Tuesday, July 17th, 2012

I think I finally tracked down that bug that was corrupting the buttons in the new version! That was a lot harder than it needed to be!

Finally found the ultra pesky bug in Rhythm Core Alpha 2!

Saturday, November 12th, 2011

Finally fixed a bug that has been holding up development on Rhythm Core Alpha 2 for some time. This has been a week of tremendous forward momentum for SoftEgg!

Yet another Lotcheck submission for Europe

Monday, November 29th, 2010

Set version 5 to Nintendo of Europe. A very small number of fixes in this one. Hopefully this is the last revision.